Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Dr. Husain For Your Laser Vision Correction?
Dr. Ejaz Husain has successfully performed thousands of Laser Vision Correction procedures. Keeping eyes healthy and seeing clearly is what we do best. With us you can be confident that you will get the best laser vision correction possible.
- Personally examines patients extensively and does all pre and post-op care himself and follows post op laser patients himself for one year
- Dr. Husain is very selective in choosing the appropriate candidates and always uses a conservative approach
- The only two-year fellowship trained refractive surgeon in Des Moines
- Board certified surgeon with reputable practice in Des Moines
- Specially certified by VISX to perform laser vision correction
- Among the lowest enhancement and complication rates in the field
- Uses Customvue diagnostics and wavefront analysis on every patient
- Thousands of laser vision correction procedures performed successfully
Dedicated, certified staff giving personal care for every patient. Every member of our clinical team has years of experience. They provide a teamwork that makes your procedure run smoothly. Our eye team understands your concerns and answers your questions—even the ones you forget to ask. Our concern doesn’t stop when you leave. After you go home, we’ll call to see how you are doing and to answer any questions you have.
No matter how warm the staff and nurses are, there’s nothing like having someone with you for support. We recommend that you bring a friend or family member with you. They can stay with you right up until you have the procedure, and can even watch the procedure if they wish. Then they can meet you afterwards and drive you back home.
- Newest generation FDA approved VISX Star Active Trak Excimer Laser.
- Removes less tissue than other lasers so preserves more corneal tissue.
- Shorter treatment times with superior smoothness compared to other lasers.
- Most advanced 3D eye tracker – developed specifically for tracking the human eye during laser vision correction unlike other systems.
- Individualized CustomVue wavefront driven Laser Vision Correction.
- Has both scanning and broad beam technology compared to other lasers.
- Most advanced and trusted FDA approved microkeratome in the world.
- Used by more ophthalmologists than any other laser in the United States . Over 10 million people worldwide treated successfully.
- State of the art technology promotes faster visual recovery.
Our Laser Suite:
Exacting air quality standards in our dedicated laser suite meets the same strict specifications found in operating rooms at major medical centers across the country. A sophisticated HVAC system maintains precise temperature and humidity control, and continually filters fine particles from the air. Air quality at this high level provides the necessary sterile environment for complete safety and infection control during laser vision correction.
Superior Safety Standards
The entire Eye Surgery and Laser Eye Center, including our laser suite, are backed by a top-rated UPS uninterrupted power source. This system guarantees a high standard of safety during all patient care procedures.